Friday, June 3, 2011

Lobster ravioli!

So much deliciousness to tell you about!

We had our first week of offering dinner at the inn. The response has been so favorable. One of my favorite dishes is Chef Devin's lobster ravioli. You know I'm a romantic... It's Chef Devin's husband, Luke, who is catching the lobsters and I think that is part of what makes this dish so good. He fishes out of Stonington and sends her pictures of gorgeous sunrises, like this one. This is the two of them when he popped in to see her at work. The ravioli she makes with his lobster has chunks of meat, perfectly cooked, embraced by pasta she has made. She bathes them in a parsley lemon gremolata, which magically transports me to the seaside. And here I struggle with how to describe it to you. I just have to say, make a reservation and plan for your own magical dinner.

A guest told me a story about his visit to the L.L. Bean mother store. He, being a good midwesterner, had a Cabela's cap on, which he sheepishly removed and crumpled in his hand while paying homage to the Big Bean. At the check out, the matronly clerk demanded, "What's in your hand?" When Jim showed her, she said, "Give me that!" In exchange for the Cabela's cap she took away, he got a new L.L. Bean one. I wonder how often she does that?

From the guestbook: "Comfy, friendly, tasty!"

How on earth do I manage to have time to read, now that it's spring, you ask? A few minutes with a book and early morning coffee (sometimes really early morning coffee) helps adjust my attitude and is almost mandatory as life gets busy. A friend picked up This Life Is in Your Hands by Melissa Coleman for me at the farmer's market. Elliot Coleman, her father, is behind Four Season Farm and has written numerous books on organic farming and sustainable agriculture. I'm only on page 40 but I certainly recommend Melissa's book. We get eggs from Four Season--gorgeous orange yolks come from happy chickens. You can visit their farm stand down on Cape Rosier when you come to visit.

See you then!

No comments: